How to start the conversation: Let’s talk openly about mental health…
Bodycare Public Course – Half day session
Melbourne – Thursday 21st September
Sydney – Thursday 23rd November
Time: 9.00AM to 12.30PM
Cost: $260 ex GST per person
It’s all about starting the conversation. Join us as we talk openly and honestly about mental health.
It is estimated that in any year, one in five working age people will be suffering from a mental health condition and 45 per cent of Australians will experience a mental illness in their lifetime. These statistics are alarming but for many organisations, the question is where to start.
Join us as we discuss mental health in the workplace and how to start the conversation.
- Introduction to mental illness in the workplace
- What is mental illness
- Understanding depression, anxiety and substance misuse
- Who is affected and why: what mental illness in the workplace might look like
- Discussing mental illness in the workplace: what to notice, say and do if you are concerned
- How to start the conversation with a worker including case study discussion
- Action plan tips if concerned about someone at work
- Staying mentally healthy in the workplace
- What is ‘good’ mental health
- The role of the workplace leader in driving a mentally healthy workplace
- Where to from here? Promoting a mentally healthy workplace, support options, resources
Who should attend: Team leaders, manager, senior leaders, HR professionals
What’s included: Experienced facilitator, morning tea and course support document
To RSVP, complete the online registration form below.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claire has a strong workplace skill set that extends across Occupational Health, Safety and Risk Management and is supported by formal qualifications in Physiotherapy and Safety. Claire is passionate about all things relating to health and believes that organisations need to be addressing both mental and physical health in the workplace. Claire has completed further courses in Mindfulness, Wellness Coaching and is a certified practitioner in the delivery of the Genos Emotional intelligence model.