MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS SERVICES
Mental Health First Aid Refresher – Online
Due to COVID-19, Mental Health First Aid Australia have been busy developing a series of online courses. We are excited to say that a digital, web-based training of the MHFA Refresher course is now available!
The aim of the Refresher Course is to update and build upon skills learned in the initial 12 or 14-hour Mental Health First Aid course. During the course participants will gain an understanding of the latest research in the mental health field; learn the 3 key actions for helping someone feeling suicidal; work through complex Mental Health First Aid interactions and practice mental health first aid skills.
- The refresher course is for people who have completed the 2 day MHFA course
- The refresher provides MHFAiders with an additional 3 years of accreditation
- To refresh knowledge of the signs and symptoms of, and evidence-based treatments for mental health problems
- To refresh knowledge of the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan ALGEE
- To learn the 3 Key Actions to take when someone is feeling suicidal
- The online version is delivered by an instructor over Zoom
- The course is run over two sessions – each 2.5 hours duration
*Participants are only eligible to complete the refresher course within 3 months of their accreditation expiring.
***Participants will need to provide the same email address which was provided upon completion of the 2 day MHFA Course.
Please note we are no longer taking registrations for this course. Please fill out the form below if you would like to be kept up to date on future courses.