MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS SERVICES
Mental Health First Aid Refresher – Online
Due to COVID-19, Mental Health First Aid Australia have been busy developing a series of online courses. We are excited to say that a digital, web-based training of the MHFA Refresher course is now available!
The aim of the Refresher Course is to update and build upon skills learned in the initial 12 or 14-hour Mental Health First Aid course. During the course participants will gain an understanding of the latest research in the mental health field; learn the 3 key actions for helping someone feeling suicidal; work through complex Mental Health First Aid interactions and practice mental health first aid skills.
- The refresher course is for people who have completed the 2 day MHFA course
- The refresher provides MHFAiders with an additional 3 years of accreditation
- To refresh knowledge of the signs and symptoms of, and evidence-based treatments for mental health problems
- To refresh knowledge of the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan ALGEE
- To learn the 3 Key Actions to take when someone is feeling suicidal
- The online version is delivered by an instructor over Zoom
- The course is run over two sessions – each 2.5 hours duration
Next Course Date:
Tuesday 11th May – 10am-12:30pm
Wednesday 12th May – 10am-12:30pm
*Participants are only eligible to complete the refresher course within 3 months of their accreditation expiring.
***Participants will need to provide the same email address which was provided upon completion of the 2 day MHFA Course.