Pre Employment Medicals & Health Screening
Health Surveillance & Periodic Medicals
What is Health Surveillance?
Health surveillance is a process whereby employee health is monitored on a regular basis to ensure that the employees’ working environment does not negatively or adversely affect their overall health. Employee health is monitored over a period of time and if applicable, interventions are put in place to minimise exposure ie mandatory hearing protection.
Health surveillance checks may be required by law for employees who are exposed to noise or vibration, fumes, dusts, chemicals and other hazardous substances. The frequency of health surveillance activities varies from industry to industry and company to company depending on regulatory requirements, internal policies and processes.
Health surveillance can take place onsite or offsite through our national clinical network depending on your organisation’s individual needs.
Types of health assessments conducted by Bodycare
- Vision Testing
- Hearing Tests
- Spirometry / Lung Function Testing
- Silica Health Monitoring
- Biological Monitoring (Blood and Urine Samples)
- X-Rays and Imaging
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD)
- Skin Checks including Chromium skin checks
- Confined Space Assessment
- Commercial Driver Assessment
- Coal Board Medicals (NSW and QLD)
- Rail Safety Workers Cat 1
- Rail Safety Workers Cat 2
- Rail Safety Workers Cat 3
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) Medical
- OGUK (formerly UKOOA) Offshore Medical
- Hazardous Chemicals Health Monitoring
- Periodic Medicals including company-specific health assessments
Find out more about the range of pre employment and periodic legislate medicals that adhere to the standards outlined by the relevant industry or governing bodies.